CRESCO at a Glance
Flow of business
CRESCO Group business flow is from end-user corporations and from Major vendor corporations.
There are approximately 800 projects received annually by the CRESCO Group. Most of the projects are repeat orders, ensuring stability.
Clients of the CRESCO Group
CRESCO Group has about 500 clients. Clients are not biased towards specific industries or areas.
|Financial services||Banking, insurance, securities, leasing, payment card|
|Distribution||Transport, retail, trading company, wholesale|
|Service||Travel, human resources, data & communications|
|Public||Railway, airline, medical, electric power, gas, broadcast, civil service|
|Manufacturing||Electronic equipment, medical equipment, equipment installed in vehicles, control equipment|
There are two benefits.
- Merit (1) Diversification of risk
- Merit (2) Economic waves different for each business sector
Rigorous revenue management
- In principle, the same profit margin targets are set for all projects, irrespective of the business sector or industry of the client.
* Excluding some government policy projects.
- Before accepting work from a client (accepting an order), Directors, the manager in charge of the department, and the quality control department conduct a review on whether to accept the order. The decision on whether to accept an order is made based on such considerations as profitability, business direction, and business risks.
- The profitability of each project is checked on a weekly basis. For projects with high downside risk, reports are made to the Board of Directors, etc., and the project is designated to be under surveillance until revenues improve and subjected to strict controls.
Multi-faceted quality control
- The quality control department closely monitors all projects, identifies problems at an early stage, and intervenes in unprofitable projects before they become a problem.
- When managing projects, project managers utilize the knowhow they have acquired through being an internationally certified Project Management Professional (PMP®), and they take responsibility for the project’s revenues.
- Vigilant checks are made for faults and progress delays so that any trouble will be extinguished at the first sign of smoke.